This notice summarises what personal data Bam Bam Boogies CIC (“us”, “we” or “our”) gathers and holds about visitors to our website (“you”), or contact us by any other means, how we use it internally, how we share it, how long we keep it and what your legal rights are in relation to it.
Whilst this notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal data, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
By using the www.bambamboogies.com website you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
For the purpose of this privacy notice Bam Bam Boogies CIC will be referenced from here on in its abbreviated version as ‘BBB’.
Who we are?
BBB aims to deliver high quality dance tuition & choreography through classes / workshops / performances / entertainment to communities locally, nationally & internationally. We specialise in the preservation of Street Dance & HipHop Culture and aim to help any community with positive social engagement as well as a base to get fit and stay healthy through the medium of music & dance.
Contact us for more information?
If you require further information regarding how BBB process your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your personal data and how does the law regulate our use of it?
“Personal data” is information relating to you as a living, identifiable individual. We refer to this as “your data”.
The UK-GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018, (DPA 2018) requires Bam Bam Boogies CIC as data controller for your data to:
- process your data in a lawful, fair and transparent way;
- only collect your data for explicit and legitimate purposes;
- only collect data that is relevant, and limited to the purpose(s) we have told you about;
- ensure that your data is accurate and up to date;
- ensure that your data is only kept as long as necessary for the purpose(s) we have told you about;
- ensure that appropriate security measures are used to protect your data.
What information do we collect?
We may ask you to supply personal information or we may receive personal information about you for a variety of reasons including when you might:
- contact us through the Website, or any other channel
- enquire about the Company and our services
- register for any of our classes / workshops / events
- wish to partner and or collaborate with Bam Bam Boogies CIC
- work or volunteer for Bam Bam Boogies CIC
- register to join our mailing list
- make a donation or become a funding provider
Personal information may be collected through a range of contact methods including by telephone, email, letter, an application, or registration form, during face-to-face contact, through our website or portal link (Membermeister).
Personal information collected and stored may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
- your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
- your email address
- your address
- your phone number
- your date of birth
- your School and/or Community organisation
- your company or organisation
- the name of your parent or carer including contact details
- your bank details
- other details about you that you or others provide to us.
- Special categories of sensitive data related to racial or ethnic origin, health, and disability.
How do we use personal information?
(1) Your personal and sensitive information will only be used by us to:
- process your registrations, requests, or payments
- respond to your questions or comments
- provide you with information and support across our range of services
- display your testimonials on the website or other social media channel
- provide you with information relating to BBB activities, or that we feel may be of interest to you
- maintain our organisational records
- ensure that we have parental consent where required by law
- seek comment and feedback so that we can continually grow, evolve and improve our services
- enter contract for sub-contracted services provided to BBB
- enter contract with funding and grant partners.
- Collect and manage your consents.
- Record your requests and the communication between you and BBB regarding your data.
(2) When you subscribe to our mailing list, we ask you for consent to store your information and to contact you. We will only send you our information for as long as you continue to consent. If you do not want to receive information from us, contact us by email at email@example.com with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field.
(3) BBB will not share your personal details with third parties, except where companies are providing services on our behalf, such as Membermeister for raising payment invoices or orders.
(4) Information held may also be used for monitoring, analytical or statistical purposes. Personal data will always be anonymised unless we have explicit consent from the data owner.
(5) If required to do so by law.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the following rights under Data Protection Law:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us to give you copies of the personal information we have about you.
- The right to erasure – Where we have no overruling legal basis or legitimate reason to carry on processing your personal information, you may ask that we delete your personal information from our records.
- The right to rectification – If the personal information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to request a correction.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to processing if we can process your information because the processing is part of our public tasks or is in our legitimate interests.
- The right to data portability – This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The legal basis on which we process your personal data
The UK-GDPR and DPA 2018 require that we provide you with information about the lawful basis on which we process your personal data and for what purpose(s).
Processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- Legitimate interests so that BBB can carry out its work and pursue our Company aims and objectives, except where such interests are overridden by your fundamental rights.
- Perform the contract with you
- Comply with legal obligations
When do we share personal data?
We do not, and will not, sell your personal data to third parties. We will not share any personal information unless we have your explicit consent or are required to do so by law.
How long do we retain personal data?
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service) for the purpose we collected it for originally, or for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, regulatory or reporting requirements.
Personal data security
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. We take reasonable and proportionate precautions to protect Data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access.
Data that we have collected is held on protected devices and cloud based electronic storage systems. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Data, both during transmission and once received by BBB. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Your collected personal information is only accessible by the Directors or appropriately trained staff.
Linking with Third Parties
Our website and associated media platforms will, from time to time, contain links directly to other websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of links, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, and they will be a data controller of your personal information. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, and you should check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Cookies are small text files that a web page can save on your computer and read at a later date.
We use the following types of cookies on the BBB website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests
- Third Party cookies. Where we might provide links to other websites as noted above these third parties will have their own cookie policies which should be reviewed and accepted. These third-party cookies are likely to be analytical cookies or performance cookies or targeting cookies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
For more information on how to manage and delete Cookies please visit the About Cookies website
To prevent your data being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed a browser add-on. To download and install the add-on for your browser please visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can also edit your privacy settings for Google applications via myaccount.google.com/intro/privacycheckup/1?hl=en.
For more information about cookies, how to opt out and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet, go to www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Changes to this statement